Travel Tips, France Sightseeing and Festivals
Planning to travel to France in June?
The weather this time of year can be really lovely – it’s warm but not uncomfortably so in most parts of the country. If you are heading to the riviera it can get quite hot.
Rain is minimal – there’s normally around 3-4 days per month when you might see rain.
Here are some average monthly high and low temperatures for the weather in France in June, in some of the major cities in France:
Weather in France In June
|City||Average Low CÂ°/FÂ°||Average High CÂ°/FÂ°|
June is officially peak travel season in France. The main disadvantage about this is that flights and accommodation can be at their highest prices. You will also need to book well in advance – if there are any bargains to be had, they’ll be snapped up quickly!
Saying that, if you can form a good relationship with your local travel agent, they might be able to find you some very good prices. As an example, we once booked our flights for travel in June, but we booked the actual tickets the previous November (so more than six months in advance), and the price we paid was equivalent to an off-season price!
France Sightseeing Ideas
If you are planning to see specific monuments, museums or attractions in France, a little advance planning will save you time and stress. The famous attractions in France – particularly in Paris (eg Louvre, Eiffel Tower) could have long line ups. So visiting these either early in the morning or late in the day might make things easier.
If the idea of crowded places and long lines doesn’t appeal, you can head off the well trodden tourist trails and do something a little different. You’ll find lots of ideas for France sighseeing on this website…such as:
- finding the more peaceful beaches in France, including where to find the lesser known beaches of the Riviera;
- ideas for romantic holidays in Paris that won’t break the bank; or
- fun vacation ideas in Corsica;
- some of the lesser known but no less fascinating attractions in France;
There are also a number of excellent events and festivals in France in June.
- Every year, on 24 June, Paris hosts a Midsummer Fireworks event (best metro stops are Jussieu and Gare d’Austerlitz); you can contact the Paris tourist office email@example.com or call them +33 (0) 8 92 68 30 00 for more information;
- Paris also hosts a Chopin Festival (running in both June/July) in the Orangerie de Bagatelle. Please visit the festival website for full details of the programme;
- There’s a Sacred Music Festival (Festival de Musique SacrÃ©e) in Nice, held in churches throughout the town. Contact the Musee Chagall for more information. http://www.musee-chagall.fr/;
- Sample Rousillon wine and delicacies at the Wine Fair in Perpignan (Place de La Republique);
- or try Aude wines at Carcassonne’s wine festival, with tastings, music and street entertainment (contact the Carcassonne tourist office for more information – firstname.lastname@example.org).
These are only a few suggestions for France Sightseeing in June – we have lots more, feel free to browse through our site for more ideas!