So what are the most romantic places to visit in France?
Well….after much lengthy consideration and pondering… here is a small selection of our favourite romantic vacation spots.
- Paris is (of course) top of the list for romantic vacations! The Eiffel Tower is probably the first thing to spring to our minds…but how about some more unique romantic vacation ideas for Paris?
- Provence: It is so easy to fall in love with Provence and after your first visit, you’ll want to return again and again. The beautiful countryside, sunshine and relaxed atmosphere is perfect for a romantic, easy holiday. Because of the region’s popularity, there is no shortage of fabulous hotels where you can really feel pampered and eat well.
- Côte d’Azur: The glamour, sunshine and beautiful beaches of the riviera are popular for romantic vacations. Although this part of France can have a reputation for being busy and expensive, there are a few ‘secret places’ where you can have a romantic escape with your loved one, without breaking the bank.
- Speaking of beaches and romantic walks by the sea, Brittany is another favourite. Brittany is romantic, in a Wuthering Heights, or Cornwall kind of way! You can go on spectacular coastal walks, visit remote fishing villages, or explore ancient forests. You’ll find some fantastic accommodation here, too – from castles to quaint seaside cabins, or ocean-front luxury hotels.
- Dordogne/Perigord. The Dordogne is another great destination for romantic places to visit in France. The village of Brantome, known as the Venice of Perigord, is gorgeous. For accommodation, try the Moulin Abbaye, a luxury hotel overlooking the river Dronne.
- Lot Valley. If ‘do not disturb’ is what you’re ideally looking for, you could try the Lot Valley – it’s a bit more off the beaten track, and has some of the most beautiful villages in the country.
If you’re planning a romantic holiday, where you stay is of course very important; so we’ve included links to our pages on accommodation here to help you. You might like to consider cosy hotels, or self-catering gites. Even bed and breakfasts can give you privacy and seclusion.
So…that’s our list for most romantic places to visit in France. We’re sure there are many, many more, and we look forward to finding them and reporting back here!
Plan your romantic break in Europe with these reviews of romantic European destination, hotels and inns.